Welcome to Lou Gardiner's Bloggarooney.

Hello & Welcome!
This Blog is a personal record and an honest illustration of my life as a full time embroidery artist. I hope that you find it entertaining and inspiring.

ALL IMAGES
shown here are the Copyright of Louise Gardiner 2012.

Sunday 18 October 2009

Could this be the TV I have always dreamed of?

Well - its been a tough week ... I have been working.  Every day, every evening, all weekend.

Oh woe is me! But I kind of love it and if it wasn't for the fact I have got a stinking lurgy everything would be manageable.  But its got me ... by the nostrils.

Really pleased with the way work is improving and have produced and finished off some pieces which I am proud of.  My work seems to be going from strength to strength but you would hope so with the amount of hours I am putting in.  

I have been commissioned by 'Smith and Gilmore', a design company in London, to do the embroidered illustration and fonts for 'Kirstie Allsopp's new hard back book - ' Kirstie's Homemade Home' which some of you may have seen... on Channel 4.  

Its been a great new challenge - and despite the ridiculous time scale - a really lovely job. I have embroidered and appliqued an alphabet as part of the commission and I am surprised I have never thought of doing that before.  That's what I love about commissions - they take me new places.

So fingers crossed it leads to other things as they are preparing for a second series.... and looking for applied artists for the program.  

Now that would be a real break.    

Then maybe I could get my own stitch show where I invite guests, Joan Collins, Kate Bush, Paul Whitehouse, Brad Pitt, Julie Walters....  to embroider with me on telly with a bottle of sherry.  

Keep dreaming Lou. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

I love to hear your comments and thanks for looking at my bloggerobbajob.
x

Louise :)

Hello and welcome to this bloggerobajob.