Welcome to Lou Gardiner's Bloggarooney.

Hello & Welcome!
This Blog is a personal record and an honest illustration of my life as a full time embroidery artist. I hope that you find it entertaining and inspiring.

ALL IMAGES
shown here are the Copyright of Louise Gardiner 2012.

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Eh Up Lou Gardiner!

DID YOU KNOW?

...when you google my name as a search … a NZ army general pops up aswell as me.  
His name is LOU GARDINER of course.  
With an i.

Before coming to New Zealand I thought …… ooh… should I drop him a line?
BUT when I read how high up he was in the forces, working for the ministry of defence I chickened out as I thought spontaneous contact from a contemporary embroideress may not be his cup of tea. 

?

I haven't really thought about it since but someone was asking for my contact details in a workshop the other day and I said … if all else fails just google my name and my website comes up straight  away.  I then added … ' …well, me and Lou Gardiner, Major General  of New Zealand Ministry of Defense.'  

Anyway,  one of the ladies in the class piped up 'I know him!' 

'He's retired.  He's a lovely man!'  

Somehow it felt like serendipity.  I wrote him a card.  The ONE with the man hoovering on it.  Very appropriate. It was the only one I had on me at the time.... 

Is that bad?
  

"Dear Lou Gardiner,

I feel like I should know you!'

Best Wishes

Lou Gardiner

Presently also in NZ."


So who knows ……. he might be in contact and we Lou's could meet for a cup of tea and a chat about the military defence systems and embroidery.  Strictly confidential of course



That would be nice.


The OTHER Lou Gardiner….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

I love to hear your comments and thanks for looking at my bloggerobbajob.
x

Louise :)

Hello and welcome to this bloggerobajob.