Welcome to Lou Gardiner's Bloggarooney.

Hello & Welcome!
This Blog is a personal record and an honest illustration of my life as a full time embroidery artist. I hope that you find it entertaining and inspiring.

ALL IMAGES
shown here are the Copyright of Louise Gardiner 2012.

Saturday 16 July 2011

A Blousey Piece!

Work in progress ... final piece from HOPE MILL before I move out which is a shame but hey... its been good man its been good.  This is the corridor which I think is real groovy.  Mine is the space at the very end.....



This is the reverse of a piece that was returned from India.... I didn't like the front at all and it was a toss up between painting and embroidery the reverse or chopping it up and taking what I wanted from the front which was the middle section .... so I did that ...... It could have gone either way.  But at least I got photos of the reverse before I massacred it with scissors.



The very central piece before the black embroidered outskirts are what I salvaged.  Then I drew the stripey ribbon like petals around the centre.


Marking the stripes I want to applique.


Working on the reverse.



Embroidering the first stage of the feathers.


Painting the stitched areas around the central bla bla bla blur bla.


Contemplating the next move.... I reckon 3 full days to go on this one if I push it, push it real good . 
DA DAR DA DAR DA DAR DA DA awiiiaiaiia.   
As Salt and Pepper once said. 


Laters potatoes.  
I have a 16th birthday to go to!  
WHOOOOOOO!




Copyright Louise Gardiner 2011.  


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic- I love how the back is a work of art in itself. And the Salt and Pepper song took me RIGHT back (got it stuck in my head now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this piece of work you can tell you have put alot of time and effort into it: it looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

I love to hear your comments and thanks for looking at my bloggerobbajob.
x

Louise :)

Hello and welcome to this bloggerobajob.