Welcome to Lou Gardiner's Bloggarooney.

Hello & Welcome!
This Blog is a personal record and an honest illustration of my life as a full time embroidery artist. I hope that you find it entertaining and inspiring.

ALL IMAGES
shown here are the Copyright of Louise Gardiner 2012.

Monday 1 November 2010

Day 1

"Yoga, as we all know, is aimed to unite the mind, the body, and the spirit. Yogis view that the mind and the body are one, and that if it is given the right yoga kit and tools and taken to the right environment, it can find harmony and heal itself. Yoga therefore is considered therapeutic. It helps you become more aware of your body's posture, alignment and patterns of movement. It makes the body more flexible and helps you relax even in the midst of a stress stricken environment. This is one of the foremost reasons why people want to start Practicing Yoga - to feel fitter, be more energetic, be happier and peaceful." 
http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/beginnersguide/yogabenefits.asp 


Having eaten an extremely tasty and spicy meal amongst the other guests and tutors at the yoga retreat, an extremely well manicured and attractive place, I then had a good nights sleep in a very lovely room with white linen and an outdoor shower.  With a 7am start for a quick cup of shredded ginger and lime tea, we start meditation classes at 7-30am. We then have a quick toilet break at 8-20 and this is followed by 2 hours of Ashtanga yoga before a very healthy juice and porridge based breakfast which you are ready for I can tell you!


"Breathing is life. It is one of our most vital functions. One of the Five Principles of Yoga is 'Pranayama' or Breathing Exercise which promotes proper breathing. In a Yogic point of view, proper breathing is to bring more oxygen to the blood and to the brain, and to control Prana or the vital life energy."


I can only speak from the point of view that I have done yoga for about three years and I haven't read any books on it and find it very difficult to OM!


But now here I am in Thailand and with the most lovely group of people who are all looking to lead healthier and more energetic lives.  A lot of them are at some kind of crossroads and its interesting to see how they have decided to do something positive and spiritual to make changes and not just accept the way things are.  Quite inspiring.  Its a fantastic experience and despite the rain I am learning a lot and trying to grow! I feel I still have a lot to learn in all aspects of my life and I feel that yoga is a fantastic means of contemplation. 


Whats also great about this is we are also learning about food and diet.  I am eating nothing but vegetables and drinking no caffeine, no booze, no sugar whatsoever, no butter, no carbohydrate and no chips!  Its a strict food combining diet and we have to drink lots of raw vegetable juices and weird but gorgeous tasting soups..... its quite a new experience.


Oh Egg and Chips!


Its not easy and I keep having flashbacks! Glasses of chilled white wine, bacon sandwiches, salt and vinegar crisps, chocolate crackolet cakes and hot cups of English breakfast with one sugar..... Oooooooooooohhh!!!!  


If I don't look like Linda Evangelist by Saturday I want my money back! ;)


YEAH RIGHT!


Will keep you posted.  




Lou Bendy Bandy 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds much different to the last few months. Saw you on Kirstie's trailer for her programme which starts tonight. Do you know which one you will be on?

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

I love to hear your comments and thanks for looking at my bloggerobbajob.
x

Louise :)

Hello and welcome to this bloggerobajob.