Welcome to Lou Gardiner's Bloggarooney.

Hello & Welcome!
This Blog is a personal record and an honest illustration of my life as a full time embroidery artist. I hope that you find it entertaining and inspiring.

ALL IMAGES
shown here are the Copyright of Louise Gardiner 2012.

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Woop Woop!






Taaa TAAAAAAAA!

Hi folks, sorry been a bit quiet for a few days.

I am driving north today and having a day away from ' LICKY LIPS LIBERTY LADY LUSH'
(That has to be said very fast.)

I am doing a talk about my work at THE BLUECOAT DISPLAY CENTRE in Liverpool at
2-30pm on Thursday 25th Feb (tomorrow) to close the "Birds of a Feather' exhibition.

Thanks to all those generous people who have commented on my site and I note I have 5 followers - one being myself! Woop Woop! I will reply to your lovely comments when I have a chance but in the meantime - you look like an interesting lot (especially you GODFREY!) and thanks! I feel loved again.

Had a phone call from a student today asking me for help. I am on the A2 exam paper!
Thats hilarious. The question is about narrative. So if I remember ... I will blog something about narrative later. Will have to have a think first.

Planning a trip to the States on my way to teach in New Zealand - going to go see a gallery who I hope will consider representing me. Never done the states before so that makes me wanna go woop woop again.

Back soon!

Louelly Gardinelly x






6 comments:

  1. Lookin good Lou! It's coming along!
    I've finnally made some progress on my Topsy Turvy picture, drawing inspiration from the excesses of ancient Rome!
    Have a good weekend, babe.
    Bjorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!! Love the lips. Where are you teaching in NZ? I live in OZ and would consider going over. It really all goes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy..
    to comment on you being on the a2 exam paper for art texiles..
    I have chosen that design spec. and would really appreciate if you could find anything that may help!?

    I LOVE all of your work.. you are really inpiring (:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you VERY much :)

    I like your name - tres cool oui oui.

    Regards help for the A2 exam...
    EMBROIDERY MAG Nov 2009
    Fashion Illustrator - Bethan Morris -
    Just published by Laurence King
    Inspired to stitch- by Diana Springall -A&C Black

    Artist Statement on my website.


    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise
    Just found this while recommending your website to a fan of Lorraine Jenkin who loves your covers. Great work. Mrs Quilty Queen looks suitably Biba to me! Are you leaving Bristol to return to the land of your fathers - as they say hereabouts. Or are you off to NZ for the long term? Keep in touch, whichever.
    All best, Caroline (Honno)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Caroline!

    Lovely to hear from you - will keep you posted.
    Let me know any more covers and would love to see the latest when its done.

    Lou X

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

I love to hear your comments and thanks for looking at my bloggerobbajob.
x

Louise :)

Hello and welcome to this bloggerobajob.